Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Andrew - Book Recommendation

The Kingdom Keepers is a book about a boy named Finn Whitman who has a “dream” in Disney World where he meets Wayne, an employee who knows about the Overtakers, Disney villains who are led by Maleficent or so it seems. During his second dream he meets two other DHI’s who are called Philby and Charlene. With them, he encounters robotic pirates and their leader, Blackbeard, who seems almost too real. When the pirates see them, they jump in to cars from the Buzz Lightyear ride and he realizes – too late – that the lasers are real and he gets zapped and Wayne immediately shows them a red button. When they push it they go back to the real world and wake up.


* * * *

In an Indian tepee . . . . . .
It started to feel cold in the tent and we heard someone circling it. Someone cackled “I know you’re in there Finn Whitman”. Maleficent looked in the tent and said “Where are you, sweetie?” We were invisible! Suddenly Charlene bolted from the tent and then Philby too. Then I said “Run”. Maleficent started to chase us and then she yelled “Finn, I am one of the weakest in the Overtakers. I am just one of the errand runners. There are many more powerful than me . . . . . . .

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Interesting review Andrew. Is that really what happened?

Will

Con said...

This sounds like a read aloud candidate! I can't wait for my daughter to learn to read - this would be right up her alley!

Anonymous said...

Great book Andrew! I might read it sometime. I like the summary to.~Sophie :-)

Post a Comment